Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Birdday Lurv


Dear everybody,

How is everybody? I hope you had a wonderful day! My day went not too badly, had a nice time with my family and went for a bit to the States. There is a place not too far from here called Ogdensburg and it appears that people enjoy going to that area. However, when we went, we were seriously wondering what there was to actually do there?! So we asked a lady and, well, she admitted there was not much to do at all. Then we asked a guy at a recruitment building and he, and this will be forever in my mind, said: "Not a f***ing thing!" My sister, as lady-like as she is, asked what he said and so he then said: "Not a thing!" God Bless America, haha. We ended up eating at a restaurant that more or less did not make anything themselves, but used "quality ingredients", headed back over the border (holy crap "Brockvegas" seems oddly amazing after going to Ogdensburg), and then rented a DVD called "Extract". No late-night partying for me...I have to get up "early" (well, I like to get a good sleep) to work.
My goals are progressing more and more. I think now a trip to Sweden will be taking place in the summer. Still have to sort out some things, though this will not be a "long long" trip, only for about a month. So, my "BIG" goal is "half-checked". I will travel more not too long after, so then I can fully check it.
I got a great book from my Aussie friend that teaches you cooking techniques and of course how to make various dishes. So I really should get in the kitchen and cook up a storm. My language knowledge is improving...I think the only problem for me is that I tend to focus on other things, like helping others with English or just trying to answer e-mails, exercise, etc., that I simply put off reading. I need to take more time to read! Anyway, it is getting better! Social-wise, I am talking to others more, in a manner of speaking. I mean, I have no problem talking to customers at work, random neighbours, or strangers looking for pen pals, though friends around my age, "in real life"...is a bit difficult for me. I can make acquaintances and so on, but I find the general interests and maturity level incompatible with my own. However, I am talking more to others, though online, who have not requested "pen pals", so it is great that they, at least for the moment, feel like I am interesting enough to keep replying!
Oh God, that book I have been slacking on. And this blog a bit too! I am working a bit more, so I need to be reminded that I should update this, read, and type on the weekend! All right, I hope to hear from you guys and girls! Feel free to read my older posts, as the newer ones from this year may be a little more focused on regular things, rather than the philosophical topics I tend to enjoy writing about. I will do moreso next time!

Tack för läsning!

John

No comments: