Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Una semana despues


Hallo da! Well, it's been a week since the official start date of the goals and it's time for an update! How does a week just fly by? Anyway, I have been looking over work programs overseas that are available to Canadians (of course many are not only for Canadians...) and it seems like it would definitely be possible to try one. So, the BIG goal (work/study/live in Europe/America for at least a couple of months) could be all set up within the next few months. Of course, there are other options but they involve my current studies and I'm waiting for results.

As for the SMALL goals. I got a multilingual book from the library today, but I have also been reading up on French. This week I'll go over the other languages as well. The social goal is a bit off, as I've been a bit sick (and that ties in with the cooking goal), but I feel like it's basically gone so maybe next week I'll go forth. Haven't really added anything to books-in-the-making, but I will try to find some time soon! As for the last goal, I think I'm doing not too bad! I just have to remember to keep on updating this blog!

I have five main questions for anyone out there, that may catch you off guard. The first is: What is God (to you)? I'm asking for a detailed definition. Atheists, agnostics, believers, and others are all welcome! I'd like to know what you think/believe God is, so that I can understand what others have placed in their minds.

What God is to me is something I have not thought of in detail. "The Creator of the Universe" seems to be a very simplified answer. I think in all religions that is more or less the case, though. The details and history are different enough, but if we were to say "What was God before humans?", maybe it could not really be answered well. It reminds me of what scientists try to theorize existed "before" the Big Bang. Some say nothing existed, because the Big Bang was the beginning of time, space, and matter/energy. Others feel that there is a multiverse that we are simply not aware of or that the Universe is in endless cycles of Big Bangs and Big Crunches.

I don't know if any religion says what God was before the Universe, if there's anything outside the Universe, and so on. "Heavens" and "Hells" are generally located in parts of the Universe or at least not considered separated from "Creation". And so, my second question is: What was God before the Universe existed?

Although believers fight over their own versions of what God and Life is all about, I wonder why atheists and agnostics are turned off by the concept of God. And the third question is: What is God to them? Maybe the God they know is the one a certain sect of Christianity/Islam/Judaism has impressed upon them (or Hinduism, Animism, and so on). However, there are questions about God that are hidden. I think that even for all of these monotheistic religions, one must ask this fourth question (though the questions that follow in this paragraph are part of this fourth question): Could God be female (in reference to the Abrahamic religions)? Of course, God is portrayed as a male. However, does that actually make sense? Would an omnipotent and omniscient being have a sex? Could God not be whatever sex, creature, or inanimate object he wished? Is it logical to say that God is limited to a gender/sex, when God has no limits?

I don't think people usually discuss this, but I find it peculiar. God must be more than what "sacred books" or "oral traditions" have made him/her/it/them out to be. And if so, that brings be to my fifth question: If God is more than what we have come to known him/her/it/them to be, then why is everyone even trying to define God? God could, by definition (omnipotent being), do whatever he/she/it/they wish(es), so if he/she/it/they changed the Ultimate Plan, then who would even know? And how could we do anything about it, if we did know? Would there be protests? That would just be odd, wouldn't it?

No comments: